If you would like to learn more about the project, why not investigate the search for Richard III in greater depth?
To date, seven peer-reviewed articles have been published by the team, covering everything from the archaeology, to Richard III’s trauma, scoliosis, genetics and genealogy, diet and intestinal parasites:
- BUCKLEY, R. et al. (2013) ‘The king in the car park’: new light on the death and burial of Richard III in the Grey Friars church, Leicester, in 1485’ in Antiquity 87:336, pp519-538
- MITCHELL, P.D. et al. (2013) ‘The intestinal parasites of King Richard III’ in The Lancet 382, p888
- APPLEBY, J. et al. (2014) ‘The scoliosis of Richard III, last Plantagenet King of England: diagnosis and clinical significance’ in The Lancet 383, p1944
- LAMB, A.L. et al. (2014) ‘Multi-isotope analysis demonstrates significant lifestyle changes in King Richard III’ in Journal of Archaeological Science 30, pp1-7
- APPLEBY, J. et al. (2014) ‘Perimortem skeletal trauma in Richard III’ in The Lancet, online edition 17 Sept 2014
- KING, T. et al. (2014) ‘Identification of the remains of King Richard III’ in Nature Communications 5:5631 doi: 10.1038/ncomms6631
- LUND, M.A. (2015) 'Richard’s back: death, scoliosis and myth making’ in Medical Humanities, online edition 8 April, 2015
A number of popular books on the project have also been published:
Or why not try:
- ASHDOWN-HILL, J. (2013) The Last Days of Richard III and the Fate of His DNA. Stroud: The History Press.
- BALDWIN, D. (1986) ‘King Richard’s Grave in Leicester’ (PDF, 546KB) in Trans. Leics. Arch. & Hist. Soc. 60, pp21–4.
- BALDWIN, D. (2013) Richard III. Stroud: Amberley Publishing.
- BENNETT, M.J. (1993) The Battle of Bosworth. Stroud: Sutton Publishing.
- BILLSON, C.J. (1920) Medieval Leicester. Leicester: Edgar Backus.
- ELKIN, K. ed. (2015) Medieval Leicestershire: Recent research on the Medieval Archaeology of Leicestershire. Leicester: Leicestershire Fieldworkers monograph No 3.
- FOARD, G. & CURRY, A. (2013) Bosworth 1485: A Battlefield Rediscovered. Oxford: Oxbow Books.
- MORRIS, M., BUCKLEY, R. & CODD, M. (2011) Visions of Ancient Leicester. Leicester: ULAS.
- O’SULLIVAN, D. (2013) In the Company of PrSeachers: The Archaeology of Medieval Friaries in England and Wales. Leicester: Leicester Archaeology Monograph 23
- ADAM, R. & POVEY, A. (2014) The Children’s Book of Richard III. Leicester: The Reading Shop.