ANAPHYLACTIC SHOCK DUE TO NUT ALLERGY

CORRECT!

The cause of death, as recorded on the death certificate, was listed as

1a Anaphylactic shock
1b Allergy to nuts

Allergy to nuts is relatively rare, but can cause a severe anaphylactic reaction. Although the girl did not know she had eaten nuts, traces are often found in other foods, or food can be contaminated with small traces of nuts. The history of other atopic reactions (such as asthma and eczema) indicates a higher likelihood of allergy.


Anatomy & Physiology mini-tutorial Return to start