HOW TO DEFIBRILLATE A PATIENT
Defibrillation is an important emergency procedure done during when a patient is in ventricular fibrillation (VF).
Hopefully, you may have just saved a patient's life.
- Set energy level to 200 joules
- Place conduction pads on chest
- One on the apex (5th intercostal space)
- One just right of the sternum (below the right clavicle)
- Make sure everyone is clear of the patient and the bed
- Press the buttons on the electrode to give the shock
- Watch ECG for any change, repeat if necessary
- 2nd attempt - 200 joules
- 3rd attempt - 360 joules