Large amounts of amorphous pink material are present disrupting the normal liver architechture.
- Approximately 500ml of clear fluid was present in the abdominal cavity.
- The mouth and oesophagus were normal.
- The stomach was filled with dark brown fluid, and several small erosions were present.
- No duodenal ulceration could be found.
- Small and large intestines were normal.
- Pancreas, gall bladder and billiary tree were normal, with no gallstones present.
- The liver weighed 2000g and appeared pale on external and cut surfaces (see picture).