- The larynx, trachea and main bronchi were normal with no evidence of inflammation.
- The right lung (670g) showed infarction of the complete lower lobe with infarction of the inferior portion of the middle lobe. Elsewhere there were mild emphysematous changes with no evidence of infection.
- There were no abnormalities in the smaller pulmonary vessels; The main arteries can be seen in the CVS report.
- The left lung (510g) showed infarction of the lower portion of the lower lobe.
- Both pleural cavities contained a small amount of fluid.