The Bennett, Bennett Link and Physics Buildings

Photograph of the Physics and Astronomy building

Campus video

Photograph of Victroria park with the Attenborough tower in the background

Please click the play button above for the high quality version or alternatively watch the medium quality version.

The Bennett Building (housing the Departments of Geology and Geography), the Physics Building and the Bennett Link which joins them form an L-shaped structure built in the early 1960s, designed by Leslie Martin who was Chair of Architecture at Cambridge University. Dr FW Bennett was a surgeon by profession but also a keen amateur geologist whose family endowed a Chair in Geology after his death in 1930.

Interesting fact: The Bennett Building houses the only juvenile Tyranosaurus rex skeleton in Europe.

UPDATED: 09 February 2009
MAINTAINER
This document has been approved by the head of department or section.