- Improvised Toys. Female, born 1910: talks about how
she had to improvise her own toys, even though her father ran
- War Toys. Male, born 1944: describes toys played with
by girls and boys, Second World War tin soldiers and how plastic
was a new material for toys.
- Action Man. Male, born 1961: describes
collecting a wide range of Action Man figures and
accessories (not dolls!).
- Hula Hoops. Female, born 1951: talks about playing
with hula hoops, bikes, scooter and roller skates.
- Sugar Cane Skipping Ropes. Female, born 1963: talks
about making skipping ropes and dolls while growing up in East
Africa. Also remembers playing with stones as marbles and using
yellow soil to make clay.
- Construction Kits. Female, born 1951: describes playing
with different kinds of construction kits.
- Card Games, Board Games and Jacks. Female, born 1963:
talks about the games played by her family in East Africa.
- Dolls, Hospital. Female, born 1951: describes playing
with dolls and having one mended at the Dolls Hospital
in Leicester. Talks about Tressy doll.
- Cooking, and Making Dolls. Female, born 1951: Describes
playing with cooking utensils in her parents shop and making
dolls from cotton wool. [There is some background noise on this
- Board Games. Male, born 1977: describes playing Battleship,
Monopoly and Operation with his mother.
- Sindy and Barbie. Female, born 1974:
talks about Sindy and Barbie dolls.
- Early Computers. Male, born 1977: describes playing
with his Commodore 64 computer.
- Computer Games. Male, born 1994: describes playing
on his computer and with other toys in his home.
- Dolls. Female, born 1994: talks about how much she
enjoys cuddling and playing with her dolls.