The 2012 East Midlands Oral History Day on the theme of 'Telling Stories' was held on Monday June 18th at EMOHA.
The venue was the Jack Simmons room at the East Midlands Oral History Archive (EMOHA), 1 Salisbury Road, Leicester LE1 7QR.
The running order of the day was:
09. 30 Coffee/tea
10. 00 Welcome – Colin Hyde, EMOHA
10. 15 'Telling Stories about Science: National Life Stories Oral History of British Science' – Dr Sally Horrocks
Dr Sally Horrocks at the University of Leicester - http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/historical/people/shorrocks
National Life Stories - http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/findhelprestype/sound/ohist/ohnls/nationallifestories.html
Powerpoint used in presentation (note that links don't work) - http://www.le.ac.uk/emoha/news/nls_slides.pptx
11. 00 'On the Flats': Stories of Lost Communities – Helen Bates and volunteers
Hysen Green project website - http://hysongreenhistory.org/
11. 45 Oral history in Palliative Care – Dr Michelle Winslow
Dr Michelle Winslow at the University of Sheffield - http://www.shef.ac.uk/oncology/staffprofiles/winslow
12. 30 Lunch - this will not be provided. You are welcome to bring your own food or there are several sandwich shops nearby on London Road.
15. 00 ‘Telling Stories’ – Pete Davis, story teller
Pete Davis' website - http://www.petedavisstories.co.uk/
The Society for Storytelling - http://www.sfs.org.uk/
14. 00 Oral History Society update – Cynthia Brown
The Oral History Society - http://www.oralhistory.org.uk/
14. 15 An Introduction to Narrative Theory – Dr Ruth Page
Dr Ruth Page at the University of Leicester - http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/english/people/ruthpage
AntConc software - http://www.antlab.sci.waseda.ac.jp/antconc_index.html
15. 00 'Digital storytelling - a way of sharing oral histories' – Roger Kitchen
Kitchen's Ink - http://www.kitchens-ink.fsnet.co.uk/ - with links to digital story telling websites.
15.45 Summary and conclusion
16. 00 END
Additional links to attendee's projects: