Last year's donations, wrapped and ready to be delivered.
Santa’s elves are returning to campus this year!
This year’s Toys on the Table campaign was launched on Wednesday 10th November at BBC Leicester
Toys on the Table is a charity working in the Leicester and Leicestershire area, which provides new toys and gifts at the holiday season for those children who might not otherwise receive anything.
The University of Leicester’s Volunteering Team will once again be supporting the campaign by collecting donations and providing student volunteers who will sort and wrap the Christmas gifts.
It looks set to be the best campaign yet with an aim of delivering Christmas gifts to over 3000 children. Toys on the Table Representative, Terry Watts, commented “Toys on the Table are delighted with the involvement of the University again this year”
Student Volunteers will be sorting and wrapping gifts. With lots of Christmas cheer and a few mince pies thrown in too, this event is guaranteed to get you in a festive spirit! Students and staff are urged to support the appeal by donating a gift or helping to receive and wrap the presents.
If you would like to donate a gift to the appeal, please bring it along to the ARC (Activities Resource Centre) on the 2nd floor of the Student’s Union on Thursday 9th December between 11.30am – 2.30 pm. There will also be a drop off point in the Queen’s Hall foyer on this day. You can make an individual donation or participate by co-ordinating a collection within your department, office or service.
There are a few points to consider when choosing your gift:
- Toys must be new.
- All gifts must meet Health and Safety regulations, and for that reason donations should not be wrapped.
- Food and confectionary items are acceptable, but please ensure that the expiry date is not before 25th December 2010.
- Items such as CDs, books and jewellery are welcome. These are particularly suitable for older children.
- The upper age limit for children receiving donated gifts is 16 years of age.
- Monetary donations are welcome.
- There is often a shortage of items for babies and toddlers up to two years of age.
For more information or enquiries, please contact The Volunteering Team on 0116 252 2003 or email: email@example.com